Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have achainsaw, it starts and as soon as I try to bring it

Customer Question

I have a(###) ###-####chainsaw, it starts and as soon as I try to bring it up to cut speed it begins to die or stalls out. Replaced plug, fuel filter, inspected spark arrester for clog, I don't have a air filter or carb cleaner (picking them up tomorrow...am I headed in the right direction?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I have fuel, month or more old. Saw worked fine for 1.5 hours I put new fuel in and it started acting starved for air.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, have had this saw a long time...always did what I asked of it. I have experience with small engine repair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: does the direction I'm headed sound like it might work with this saw?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

You are headed in the right direction. Have you tried adjusting your carburetor?