Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 7500 watt all power generator. I started the

Customer Question

I have a 7500 watt all power generator. I started the generator for the first time. It was running for about 5 hours. I went out to check on the unit, it was running fine, then it had a loud bang and stopped running. I have not been able to restart the unit.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I have a half of tank, the valve is open, I smell gas from the exhaust port. the only thing I did not check was pulling the spark plug and checking for spark.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends on how bad the issue is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when it stopped running it ruined some fans I had operating.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Load bang when running and quit? Is engine cranking now, but will not start? Remove spark plug and see if the spark plug is damaged. Feel into the cylinder with a probe and see if the piston is moving, if you turn engine by hand, If piston is not moving, you have busted engine!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see where question is still open, did you find problem?