Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a problem with Honda eu2000i. Was having some kind of

Customer Question

I have a problem with Honda eu2000i. Was having some kind of fuel issue, so I Cleaned the fuel filter and then the carburetor. Disassembled the carb cleaned parts with carb spray and compressed air. Upon reassembly the electronic throttle control doesn't work. I can adjust throttle by fingertip, but the controller then moves throttle closed, below normal idle. Eco throttle has no effect. Faint electronic motor sounds from servo.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Fuel problemishes a few days. Carb overhaul wad yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I simultaneously replaced starter rope, which involved disconnecting some wiring harnesses to the front of the machine. All are re installed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, what exactly is it doing? Is it surging? Start and quit? When you had it apart did you remove the main jet and nozzle from the center and poke a wire through all the tiny holes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Initial problem was run for 10 minutes then quit. Then extended choke on restart, and quit within 1-2 minutes. Yes I checked both jets. The carb was apparently completely clean anyway upon opening. Checked float valve Ok.I have apparently solved my own problem: generator is outside in the rain, water is blocking vent in cap causing vacuum slow fuel starvation.The next major problem was throttle control failure upon reassembly. Now solved by forcing finger against action of servo while it was making actuation noises