Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a Super Bronco XP last June. While mowing, the

Customer Question

I bought a Super Bronco XP last June. While mowing, the mower acts like it was running out of gas and quit. It would start right up if I choked it. It got worse as the summer went by. Now, I cannot make one pass of the yard without it stalling. If I disengage the blades, it might recover but when engaging the blades, the load on the engine will stall it. I changed the fuel filter, no help. The dealer I bought it is Lowe's which is 100 miles away. I am in Curtis, MI in the upper peninsula.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Where is the shutoff valve???
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will have to work on it myself. I am a long time mechanic. Without a manual, I don't even know how to get to the spark plugs or carbs.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Need to get this thing running enough to clean up the leaves before the snow flies. It snowed a bit yesterday.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

What is the engine model? Single cylinder engine, or a twin cylinder? Has to be loosing spark or fuel if it is quitting. In the carburetor, under the air filter, is an electrci fuel solenoid, this solenoid should click open each time you flip key on and off. Do you hear this click when engine is cold? Learn the click, then when engine quits, flip key on and off, listening for the click. No click, no fuel!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find probelm? Did you drain the fuel bowl?