Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a dyna 16 hp. generator model 303447 type 1042-a2

Customer Question

I have a dyna 16 hp. generator model 303447 type 1042-a2 which is connected to natural gas. I charged the battery. When I try to start it w/ a key the engine just clicks. What is the problem and how can I get it to run?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It is connected to natural gas which I just shut off the valve to.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy enough.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It doesn't turn off w/ the key anymore so I just shut off the gas to stop it. It is nearly 20 yrs.old now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Can you turn the engine by hand, to insure engine is no locked? I f you jump the starter solenoids two cable terminals, does engine spin? Which is quick test, of battery, cables, and starter.