peterpete190
peterpete190,
14928985

Helping someone figure out why a Generac GP17500E runs wide

Customer Question

Helping someone figure out why a Generac GP17500E runs wide open when starting up. Model(###) ###-#### Ser.(###) ###-#### Took apart electric throttle servo, no problem detected. Has free movement and gearing good. If I push throttle to closed position, then start it, the servo moves throttle to wide open. Inspected and traced wiring back to master control panel and suspect one of two components defective or RPM sensor defective. ******************* Thanks, Ralph
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If there are no shorts or damage to the wiring itself from the servo to the control panel this may be an issue with the control panel internally at fault causing this issue here.It is also very possible an RPM sensor is sending an incorrect signal causing the servo to operate at wide open throttle.Unfortunately from here it can be difficult to say for sure which is the cause and this will have to be tested further to pinpoint and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete