K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I own a Karcher pressure washer model 3.68 M, serial #

Customer Question

I own a Karcher pressure washer model 3.68 M, serial # 241939. I bought this pressure washer in 2008, so it is out of warranty. I have not used this unit for several years, but would like to clean our deck. However, there is very little pressure. I checked the manual and cleaned the water filter, but that did not correct the problem. Also, there is water leaking out of the bottom of the unit after I hook up the water. Can you tell me how I can get the pressure back?
JA: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Karcher K 3.68 M
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, I cleaned the water filter, but still am not getting pressure. Also, water is leaking out of the bottom of the unit after I hook up the hose.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the lack of pressure is due to the pump leaking. You'll need to inspect the housing and make sure there are no cracks. If the housing looks good I would suggest going in and replacing the O rings/ gaskets. You can purchase parts and see the schematics HERE