Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kohler diesel in 2015 1000 model Polaris ranger.

Customer Question

I have a Kohler diesel in 2015 1000 model Polaris ranger. When I turn the key off the engine keeps running for a couple of minutes like its shutting the fuel off but not the actual engine. Any idea of what is suppose to shut the engine down?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Engine family I'd is ekhxl1.37sf1
Serial number(###) ###-####And looks like kgw1003These numbers are found on the engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Page 55 in the service manual shows the Non=return valve, which is what should kill the engine on shutoff.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is that part of the fuel pump?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am guessing it is not working. The only electronics I could find that would shut the fuel down was a wore to the fuel pump. But it would seem this would b a slow shut down if in fact this where I find the shut off return
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

No, part of the injection system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should i find a wire to that valve externally?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I really don't know, was looking at service manual my self. Looks to be a vacuum operated link to kill engine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K i will look tomorrow.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK>

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Curtis
I have not found the problem yet. I am trying to figure out still where the line is to kill the engine. Polaris says it is part of the pump. I ordered the part and hopefully will know more by mid week. We tried clamping off fuel hose and "no quick shut down". If I knew what exactly shut it down or which wires it would solve my issue I think.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK< thanks, A wiring schematic looks to be what is needed. I suppose Polaris won't send you one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Naw. I cannot find one online for the diesel either. Polaris just says bring it to them and they are four days behind. Maybe if the part comes in today we can get them to give us something.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help. If you have access to a schematic or know where I could get one that would be great.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

No, all I could find was the Koher service manual, and it was vague!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK if I can leave open the rest of this week that would be great.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sure, as long as need be.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 days ago.

Question popped up this AM.??? Did you find probelm?