JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I put new ignition switch in my cub cadet 1225, tried to

Customer Question

I put new ignition switch in my cub cadet 1225, tried to start and blew 20 amp fuse, does that mean i got wrong switch??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you will look at the terminals on the back of the switch each one should have a letter on it. You have to make certain that the letters match exactly to your old switch otherwise you can create issues for yourself. My thought is that you have the wrong switch installed currently. Did you purchase the new switch from a Cub Cadet dealer using your model number?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

To insure that you don't have issues with the new switch you will need to be certain that the letters on each terminal on the back of the switch match exactly otherwise you will create a problem for yourself. As soon as you turn the key you could feed voltage into places that you don't want it to go and it can burn out the ignition coil, alternator, voltage regulator/recitifier, and/or melt the wiring. It is critical that these letters match so that you don't create more issues on the machine.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.