Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I

Customer Question

I
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Gas leaking into the oil is always sign that the carburetor needle valve and float are not shutting off the fuel. Do you have shutoff between fuel tank and carburetor? Did you leave it open? This only happens between uses , when the generator is not running.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When i first figurd out this situation yes the gas petcock was on, but after a couple of hrs use the oil compartment was full again apparently it was still flowing into it, when the motor was runing.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Very unusual, but if it is, the carburetor needle and seat, controlled by the float is fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can thin malfunction be corrected by a liquid additive?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I have never had any luck with fuel additives, but it may help. Best to keep fuel shutoff between uses.