Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a old Poulan lawn mower and trying to convert it to a

Customer Question

I have a old Poulan lawn mower and trying to convert it to a small tractor to pull with. I have took the deck off and all I would like is for it to crank run and operate the lights now. I need to know how to change the wiring so that the mower safety switches can be taken out and have the seat present switch and the park switch operable. Can you help me?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The mower is probably 12 to 15 years old the engine family type is YBSXS.5012VP and I believe the serial # is 274826. The mower model # isP015538 serial # 031604D 001692
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I will be used only to pull around yard and pull wagons for clean up. No mowing
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Use the wiring schematic, and eliminate the pto switch for the blade engagement. # 12 page in the parts list above.