peterpete190
peterpete190,
14928985

Second opinion] - I have a Kohler model CV15S (spec 41618)

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a Kohler model CV15S (spec 41618) in a John Deere lawn tractor. I had a problem where the screws came out of the inner butterfly and were swallowed by the engine. I replaced the carburetor and, to be safe, I pulled the head to check the valves. The piston and head looked good although scarred by the screws. The valves looked good as well. I poured solvent into the upturned head and the valves did not leak.
When I start the engine it runs for a couple of seconds then starts to back fire thru the carb.( Actually it did this when I first put the new carb on. That's why I pulled the head.).
There are two "throttle" shafts. One goes to the throttle lever and the other attaches to a shaft coming out of he engine block. I don't know how to adjust this lever.
Also, when it is running, the engine bogs down and dies if I engage the mower .
This may be too much info but it is where I am at. Please help....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with a lack of fuel causing this issue here.This can be from the carb. set or running to lean.I see no one else has posted how to set the carb. here and this may be due to the info may be difficult to come by here.In some cases a local repair facility or dealer may have this info.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead to see if you can locate this info let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete