JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

The front left hand wheel of the YTH2242DRF inner section

Customer Question

the front left hand wheel of the YTH2242DRF inner section has come loose and can't steer
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it just happened
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well the dealer in town said we had to get a whole central part
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I looked inside the centre hole where the axle slips on and it appears to have some metal missing, or is that supposed to have a bit missing in the cylinder section?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

I am unsure if it is the same thing where you are located, but here in the USA they have a bearing that goes into the center of the wheel. Part number here is: 532 12 49-59. Could you upload a pic of what you are referring to and I will help you the best that I can, as I am a Husqvarna Dealer here in the U.S.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The dealer here says it's a sealed unit and need to replace as a whole wheel. Thanks for your response Jon, I appreciate your time. The cost is only $100, by the time I get a part and have it fixed, it would cost more.
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

The part just slides in the center of the wheel and is something you can do yourself. They call it a bearing but it is actually only a sleeve. You can buy the part itself, so that shows it is not made into the wheel. (they are just trying to get you to purchase a new wheel).Look on page 30 of this manual

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSO/HUSO2013_AUenNZen/HUSO2013_AUenNZen__5324440-08.pdf

It is 7) 532 12 49-59 Bearing, Flange (Front Wheel Only)

Part cost $4.99 here is U.S. and installs in 1-3 minutes.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL