Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

After cleaning out the fuel tank on my 130900 series & S 5hp

Customer Question

after cleaning out the fuel tank on my 130900 series B & S 5hp lawn mower engine I cant get it to idle. Starts ok but races & then dies on low throttle. What have I connected up wrong on the carby govenor rods?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Have you cleaned the carburetor bowl after you cleaned the fuel tank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I suspect the carburetor is not getting a full stream of fuel from the tank! The carburetor is mounted on the fuel tank and the mounting gasket and base have to be flat, and the tube into the tank can be plugged or leaking!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

See link above!