Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an ez go golf cart with a DCX500 controller in it.

Customer Question

I have an ez go golf cart with a DCX500 controller in it. When i press the accelerator the cart moves about 2 inches and stops. the green light on the controller then flashes red. After siting for 5o r so seconds the controller flashes green and resets? Then it will do the same thing. Does this in fwds and revrs. Any ideas. Batteries are charged.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: havent used the cart in a few weeks, but just started doing it today
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: it is a battery gold cart
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i hope
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to test the system? Does the charger come on and charge the cart? Did you leave the charger plugged in? When charger is left plugged in, it does not cycle, usually will not cycle until the charger is unplugged and re-plugged. I'm thinking you just need to run charger cycle!