Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Having a major issue with my 20k with 200 amp transfer box

Customer Question

Hi good day, having a major issue with my 20k with 200 amp transfer box generac air cool generator...My problem is that my power went out or load voltage went down like the was about to go out and then it triggered the gen to start but then i notice the power came back and my gen never transfer back to utility power, just stuck on Generator.. Can someone out there tell me whats going on or help fix this issue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Please describe exactly what you did when you tried to do the manual retransfer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there,thanks for writing.t he issue i reported has been solved.. What happen is the dual 100 amp breaker in the meter box was damage so the legs or two wires that is feeding from the breaker downwards to the transfer box was reading zero when the electrician test it. The breaker was saying its on but it was not actually on, So we replace the breaker and the woohoo, and the generator automatically did what it had to do when its sense power was in the lines.. Thanks alot for writing and willing to help.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Glad you got it fixed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for offering to help
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Ok.