Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Gx 325 garden tractor, works great for 4 years then eats

Customer Question

gx 325 garden tractor, works great for 4 years then eats engine to deck belts like crazy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

What deck do you have? 24, 44, 54, ?? The primary belt is failing? Is this belt tight , not slipping on the pulley at engine or deck? It has a tenshior with spring , to keep belt tight.?? Only other thing that can wear belt excessively is pulleys that have excessive wear from lots of sand, and the belt goes too far into the belt groove, The sides of the puleys are what holds the belt fro slipping.