JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I purchased a Sears Craftsman Lawn Mower almost 2 years ago.

Customer Question

I purchased a Sears Craftsman Lawn Mower almost 2 years ago. It was working great until last month when I tried to mow the lawn, it sounds like it wants to start as I pull the line but it doesn't. I put in new gas and it still didn't start. I keep the mower in the shed, I thought moisture must of gotten into the gas.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 5 days ago.

Sounds like just what you have suspected. If you are using ethanol fuel, it is the worst on these machines, but not all areas have 100% gasoline avail. I would remove the carb and clean with carb cleaner as it may have ethanol deposits in the carb jets. What engine is on this machine? If it is a briggs engine, and the nut on the bottom of the bowl has holes in it, that is your main jet. You an try to just clean it out where you can see through the side hole and clean the top hole out and try to restart. Save some time of removing entire carb as it may not be needed.

Expert:  JON replied 5 days ago.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL