Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

What was the last year that the 6010 rv generator was

Customer Question

what was the last year that the 6010 rv generator was produced?
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: This gen is a 6010 RV model. I believe it is a 2003 model year. The stator burned up. I want to repair it. The part#31120-ZB5-931 is no longer available. Has been replaced with part#3112-ZB5-932. I have located a used stator from a person who has changed his 6010 to a 240volt configuration. he says his gen is a 2006 model. I was wondering if this model year was built with the latter model stator because the earlier model stator #31120-ZB5-931 is famous for the #2 sub winding burning up if the battery voltage dropped under 10.2 volts. The DC charge only putting out 4 Amps Max would burn out the #2 sub winding. I really don't need that again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need to know the first year model the 932 stator was used and the last year the 6010 was produced.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 8 days ago.

Hello welcome to just answers my name is Bill..

in order to answer your question about year it was made etc.. i would have to do a little digging... i did find your part. I dont know if this answers your question...