Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 7kw home back up unit. I was out in the yard during

Customer Question

I have a 7kw home back up unit. I was out in the yard during one of the auto cycles and the unit was having troublr starting/running, eventually did. After some time I realized I hadn;t heard it cycle. opened cover and saw "overcrank" Tried manual and again it wanted to start but could/would not keep running like a bad fuel pump or stuck carb float. Read online how propane works diferent to gas and figured regulator, Whole house is on propane so not out of fuel. Got panels open hoping regulator easy to acces. Wel not for an old goat with bad knees and arthritis everywhere but my ear lobe Am I on the right track? tried to find local service and keep getting asked for a password. Please help unit has only had to run once for any time. Am a bit dis apointed in it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

This unit is a bit difficult to work on, especially if you have to do anything with the fuel system. It is a bit cramped in there.

Are you wanting to fix it yourself, or are you just wanting to find a local technician?

If you just want a local tech, I will need your ZIP code.

If you are wanting to try and fix it yourself, I will need the model and serial number.

But be forewarned, most of the time the first thing that needs to be checked on a gaseous unit is the fuel system. Unless you have had gaseous fuel training, and have the proper equipment, this is not something you can do yourself.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Did you have another question?