JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

My toro 21" 140cc. 550ex mower starts but dies after 2 sec.

Customer Question

My toro 21 " 140cc. 550ex mower starts but dies after 2 sec. Can you help me? I never worked on a mower before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

This is a common issue when the carb is clogged and will not pull its own fuel. Will need to remove the carb and clean. make sure to clean out port with carb cleaner for proper fuel allowance. it is best if you can use air compressor to blow through all jets or use a small wire

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Like i said i know nothing about mowers. Not where anything is. I will need a pic if possible
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

what is the model type and code of the engine. Carb is located behind the air filter. Do you know if your carb is plastic or metal?

What ist he model of the mower and I will look the info up.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Here is a video and the mower is not same brand but engine and procedure will be the same.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=550ex+carb+cleaning&view=detail&mid=C9FCE2923A13966A7C3EC9FCE2923A13966A7C3E&FORM=VIRE