Bill McCusker
Bill McCusker, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at Rhode Island Harvesting Co
96417199

I have a Deere DA135, I think which won't start. I thought

Customer Question

I have a John Deere DA135, I think which won't start. I thought it was the older battery, but bought a new one. I get a sound of connection or attempt but nothing further. With old battery was getting a clicking sound but nothing else
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Have fuel but it never gets to the point of turning the motor over, just a noise of engagement but nothing further
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if its simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of, has started several times this summer, but recently, battery had needed to be recharged, then wouldn't take a charge, so I got the new battery
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 1 month ago.
Hello welcome to just answers my name is***** you check the solenoid? It seems like the solenoid has failed..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. where is it located or what would it look like?

your model says da 135 did you mean la135 and if you follow the red wire from the battery it goes to a black solenoid kinda looks like the picture.. but if you give me a correct model number i will give you a parts break down

Did you check your solenoid?