Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

We have a deere gator with fe290 kawasaki engine, we've just

Customer Question

We have a john deere gator with fe290 kawasaki engine, we've just replaced the engine coil and spark plug, but still no spark.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 13 days ago.

Hello Welcome to just answers. My name is Bill.

Is the gap between your coil and the fly wheel good?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
we've checked that, as well as the spark plug gap.
We're back to square one now, we can't get the gator to start with the new ignition coil, so we've put the old one back on, but now it's back to the old problems as well.
It starts alright (ish) but when we drive it for a bit it suddenly looses power and if we don't do anything it konks out, the only way to keep it running is on the choke.
Also, now when it's idling it sometimes is missing... And konks out after a while.

Have you check the fuel system.. Like carb is getting fuel, jets arnt block, etc? and you have good compression?