Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Troy bill edger. Won't start. TB 515ec model. Was replacing

Customer Question

Troy bill edger. Won't start. TB 515ec model. Was replacing blade. Had it on its side. Wonder if that could have caused a starting problem
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes. Open but not sure this model has Shut off valve. I just added fresh gas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has not had regular maintenance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

If you remove the spark plug, and ground the spark plug to the metal of the engine, . do you have spark? Spin engine over with the spark plug removed to clear the cylinder of any extra gas or oil. If it has spark, put a small amount of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Will give it a try. Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK>