Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1998 JD 425 and am trying to put a hitch they sold

Customer Question

I have a 1998 JD 425 and am trying to put a hitch they sold me at the dealers to attach a bagger cart MC519. The plate they sold me is Part #M115521. It doesn't let the bagger attach points drop down and hook on. Can you give me any help?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: My machine is a 1998 425 Ser. #021224.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot find a picture of the framework in the back of the tractor that the bracket mounts to. It's listed as M122178 , but it's also listed as AM117623. It's very confusing, to say the least!!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thank you so much!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

This is the only picture I can find that may show some light on the mounting. # 25 in the link above. Then here is what is in the 425 manual below.