Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

How do I remove the vent plug on a toro model 74770. I tried

Customer Question

how do I remove the vent plug on a toro model 74770. I tried an allen that fits snug in the opening but it just spins. is there s special tool to do this job?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

Transmission vent? Where the vent hoses attach to the two transmission housings?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The vent is on the hydrolic assembly at each wheel. on the top inside.need to vent when refilling the system
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

I sent a parts link, showing the transmssion, Do you see the vent listed? All I see is the connection for vent hose, and this vent would be open and not need to be bled.??

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
it looks like #5 part (###) ###-####
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 days ago.

It is a Metric allen wrench. Size is not identified! There is just enough difference in the metric wrenches, that it requires the exact size required. If you don't have the metric allen wenches, any auto supply carrys the assortment , and better t buy the setm that try to get the right one, without plug in hand! Sorry.