Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My engine will not start, It cranks over well. I did change

Customer Question

my engine will not start, It cranks over well. I did change plugs and fuel filter but still not starting. This tractor is a 425 I believe it is a 1996 model with a Kawasaki engine. I am thinking about changing the coils next, what do you think?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Have you ran a spark test? Take a spare spark plug and with spark plug wire removed, and attached to the spark spark plug, grounded it the engine, crank and watch for spark at the plug tip. If it has spark, You have a fuel probelm. Will it fire if you use a small amount of starting fluid in the air filter end? If it does, no fuel to the cylinders Engine may have an electric solenoid i the base of the carburetor, does this solenoid click when you flip key on and off?