JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a craftsman 13.0HP 30" two-stage power propelled snow

Customer Question

Hello, I have a craftsman 13.0HP 30" two-stage power propelled snow thrower. Model ####-##-#### It has a hydrostatic transmission. The snow thrower will barely move on its own. Sometimes it seems like it tries to move but more often than not it wont do anything. I have new belts and checked the cable for stretch and found nothing wrong. I have dropped it off at a local shop to have a mechanic look at it and they cannot find anything wrong or give me an answer as to what the problem is. They never opened up the hydrostatic transmission as they say they cannot get separate parts and a replacement transmission is around $1200 which I dont want to spend. I am looking to see if anyone can point me in a direction for a repair. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Do you know what transmission this has on it? Peerless, HydroGear, Tuff Torq, ect... The parts to rebuild can be purchased through the company directly, but most shops do not want to rebuild them as it is pretty complex at times.