Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Model G2160D SN#10158 Mower blades will not engage. Blower

Customer Question

Model G2160D SN#10158
Mower blades will not engage.
Blower on grass catcher does engage.
What might be the problem.
Blades were removed and sharpened.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or test light to see if there is voltage getting to the electric clutch from the pto switch?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Can you come up with two jumper wires, direct from the battery to the electric clutch, to see if the magnet will engage? Engine OFF and key off. Trying to determine if the electric clutch is good,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am not a mechanic and the booklets I have do not show me where the electric clutch is.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Done for the night. continue tomorrow.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

This model does not have electric clutch, it has a cable that it uses to tension the pto drive belt on the front of the engine. When you pulled the cable , does the tension pulley move and lock into position? The pulley drives the pto shaft going to the mower deck. If the drive shaft is turning on the deck. the deck a a single belt that drives the blades. Sorry for the confusion, too many models and setups!