Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Briggs&Stratton 650 series 190CC (14T02-0526-B1) Engine

Customer Question

Briggs&Stratton 650 series 190CC (14T02-0526-B1) Engine flooding - when does start (after draining bowl) can't move to run (its on a log splitter ) engine dies
Should I rebuild carbarator? Why does engine die when moving lever from choke to run?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number is ***** 124T02-0526-B1

Engine dies when choke is released, because the fuel is not going through the main jet, which is the bowl bolt and the center port in the carburetor, that the bowl bolt goes to. The choke bypasses the min jet, . Carburetor needs to be removed and cleaned or replaced.

Here is link to the carburetor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, where can I order a rebuild kit for this? Just search on-line for the model number?

First link I sent is the parts list for the engine, showing, the carburetor and parts. Use the number listed for your engine, but search it on internet for best price.

See my search above, the 799869 is the carburetor shown for yours.