Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a husqvarna 445 torx it starts fine, idles fine, cuts

Customer Question

I have a husqvarna 445 torx it starts fine, idles fine, cuts good till it gets hot then it pops/back fires and starts to shut down and I have to pump the trigger to make it run. Tried doing as Wayne said using Sea foam ,did not change anything. Saw has no more than 10 hours on it. Filter is clean, exhaust clean, gas is fresh and correct mix. Is there a recall on this saw?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. . I would empty the seafood mix out and start with fresh gas , it could be a few things . Backfiring can be I timing issue , a carburetor issue etc . The carburetor could have a dirty fuel screen inside it .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Everything is ok till it gets hot!

That sounds like a carburetor or valve issue, it's running bad once it's hot because the carburetor may have a partial blockage in one of its fuel air.mixture passageways and it can't get enough air to stay even with the fuel so it starts missing etc .

Van you test compression once it dies ?

Hi were you able to test the compression?

Hi just wondering if you got a chance to test the compreason when it's cold vs hot