Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My snow blower, snow tech, was purchased in Novenber 2015. I

Customer Question

my snow blower, snow tech, was purchased in Novenber 2015. I has been used approx 8 times. I drain the gas from the tank after each winter. As I always do at this tme of year, I fill it with gas and start it up. This time the idle is pulsating up and down and wont keep a proper idle. It runs as though it is out of time.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: It also has a loud ticking noise
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I put fresh fuel purchased the same day in it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Is this a warranty issue?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I engage the blade and the drive, the ticking sound gets louder and more pronounced
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 1 month ago.

hello and welcome to Just Answers my name is ***** ***** is the ticking nosie coming from.

being that the unit is only a year old i would take it to a shop to let them look at it.. If its under warranty the company will pay for it.. I dont know the fuel problem would be under warranty but if the ticking is a manufactures decfect it will be under warranty. contact snow tech