Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Second opinion] - I HAVE GENERAC POWER WASER I TOOK THE

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I HAVE GENERAC POWER WASER I TOOK THE CARB. BOWL OFF TO SEE IF THE FLOAT WAS STOCK OR IF WAS DIRT IN IT. I PUT THE BOWL BACK ON AND IT STARTED TO LEAK GAS. I TOOK IT OFF AGAIN,AND PUT BACK ON AGAIN, IT STILL LEAK. QUESTION: DO I NEED A WASHER IN BEFORE I PUT IT BACK? IF SO CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND. TONY
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

# 276 in the parts link for the carburetor is a sling washer. ths washer has to go between the bowl and the nut. This would be leak showing at the bowl bolt.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

It can be a thin copper washer, or a plastic washer, but to has to seal gasoline.