Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My husqvarna 4623,while mowing 10-15 minutes, the will turn

Customer Question

My husqvarna 4623,while mowing 10-15 minutes, the will turn off.then sometimes they will start back up. Then it will get where they want even come on.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: My husqvarna 4623, blades will turn off automatically once the mower warms up. Have replaced the pro switch. It still has the problem.please help.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I plan to attempt the repair with your help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? The electric pto clutch is a big user of voltage, and if battery is weak or cables corroded, you will lose voltage to the electric clutch, and it will stop. It has to have 12 volts or it will drop out.

I see question is still open. Did you find reason that pto does not stay engaged?Battery voltage good?