Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Generac Primepact 50 generator will turn over but not

Customer Question

My Generac Primepact 50 generator will turn over but not stay running. I've blown the fuel line back to the tank, cleaned the fuel filter and checked the pump for operation. There is fuel in the carburetor bowl but I can only get it to start by spraying starter fluid into the inlet. I traced the fuel back to the tank and didn't find a shut off valve either. What could the problem be? I can only assume it's electrical?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Is there an electric solenid in the base of the carburetor? It plugs the main jet in the carburetor, it has to have 12 volts to open and stay open. With fuel to the bowl, there is no fuel going through the main jet, and this may be the cause.