Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My old cub cadet utv with Kohler engine vapor locks. What

My old cub cadet utv with Kohler engine vapor locks. What can be causing this and how can I fix it? Larry

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

True vapor lock is caused by the gas in the fuel line vaporizing from heat on the fule lines. But you may ot have vapor lock. This is Kohler CH20 twin cylinder engine? Does it have electric solenoid in the carburetor? Does this solenid click open as soon as the key is flipped on and off? Does it click when engine dies from fuel problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kohler ch18-26 I think it has a electric . no click when turned on or off. Do not think it clicks if it is fuel problem.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not have anything else to tell you

If the solenoid does not click open, engine will not start. You can remove the inner parts of the solenoid and re-install it as a dummy for test.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assume you will email me if you can give me advise. i cannot keep website open on metered website. ***@******.***

If the Fuel solenoid does not click open, engine will not start. You can remove the inner parts of the solenoid and re-install it as a dummy for test.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuel solid is clicking open but still stops when hot. Any thing else I can check.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Solenoid (spelling corrected)

Does solenoid stop when it gets hot? Or it still clicks? I would want to run the solnoid test, by removing the inner plunger! Then you know for sure, and testing lets you completely isolate it.