Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Poulan Pro PP4218A Chainsaw won't start. I cut down two

My Poulan Pro PP4218A Chainsaw won't start. I cut down two small trees (6" in diameter) today and then tried restarting the chainsaw. I can't pull the starter cord out at all. This is a brand new chainsaw. Today was the first day I used it.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes it is full.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing more than I have already shared
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why would the shut off valve be closed? I just used the cvhainsaw to cut down two trees.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am connected to a service technician??????
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I meant "Am I connected to a service technician?"
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Curtis.

Remove the spark plug and see if the rope will pull. If not, the engine may be seized. Were you using the premixed fuel?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am using pre-mixed fuel. The engine is brand new. Today is the first day I have used this brand new chainsaw. I cut two trees down and shut it off. when I attempted to restart it, I could not pull out the start cord
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll go and pull the spark plug out . Be right back.

OK>

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't get the spark plug out. I'll have to purchase the right sized sparkplug wrench tomorrow. I suspect that this brand new chainsaw is seized up. UGH.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Curtis. Good night.

OK> Let me know!