Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My EZR 1540 model 915 008 turns over one turn,and will not

Customer Question

my EZR 1540 model 915 008 turns over one turn,and will not start. For a while I was able to jump start, but no more. I have replaced the battery and the solenoid. Ideas?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Kohler engine? Model number? Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage when trying to start? What does the voltage drop to?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
briggs 15 hp model 28Q777 type 0645-E1. no meter
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Tom's phone
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

The 15 horse model is usually not hard to start. But it does have a compression release as part of the camshaft gear section. Do you have a compression gage to test the compression? If over 100 psi, the compression release may be broken, and causing too much compression, making it hard to start. But I would try adjusting the valve clearance at .004 inch. to see if it would help.