Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a cub cadetLT1046 2007 and the parking brake won't

Customer Question

I have a cub cadetLT1046 2007 and the parking brake won't release. How can I manually release it without sending it to a repair shop.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Since 09/09/16. The repair shop picked it up and charged me $141 to replace the fuel line, but didn't fix the parking brake. They want another $65 to pick it up again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I know. The repair man that picked it up on 09/10/16 did something to it so he could load it. And when it was returned on 09/21/16 he drove it off the trailer. I went out yesterday to use it and it wouldn't start. I was unable to manully move it when I pulled out the level on the back of the mower.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Fuel is in tank and the fuel is clean. I don't know about the shut off value. He did something manually to be able to drive it off the trailer. Can't you just tell what to do?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 14 days ago.

See the above link. # 63 are the two bolts that hold the mechanical brake caliper. Loosen these two bolts, tap around on the brake to release it. The use WD40 on the break parts, and re tighten the bolts. That should release the brake and take care of the brake release problem.