JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

We have a 25kw liquid cooled standby generator that starts

Customer Question

We have a 25kw liquid cooled standby generator that starts fine but surges a few times then shuts off what would cause this
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is a Generac 25kw Liquid cooled Standby Generator Model#(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also a QUICK response would be VERY HELPFUL as we are right now getting hit with the outer edge of HURRICANE MATHEW! PLEASE & Thank you!
Expert:  JON replied 16 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you able to call?
Expert:  JON replied 16 days ago.

I can but we may be able to resolve here first. I am not a GEN SET Expert, but know engines. Is this a gas, LP, or Diesel powered?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok what would cause surging the light were going bright then dim and it fried 2 of my surge protectors and tripped breakers. What would cause this?
Expert:  JON replied 16 days ago.

Carb issue is the most common. Ethanol in the fuel clogs the jets and the carb cannot pull its own fuel, causing it to surge, while trying to pull fuel into the cylinder(s)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is LP
Expert:  JON replied 16 days ago.

okay, if it is LP, I am not familiar with it as I am a gas engine expert. I will OPT OUT and maybe HANK will be able to help you or another expert in the LP GEN SET field. That's why I was wanting to know before a phone call was made. Sorry I am no help in this matter. GL and be safe out there in this storm

Customer: replied 16 days ago.