Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kawasaki FH500V CS38 motor that might need a new

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki FH500V CS38 motor that might need a new carb. can u help with that?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just bought the machine recently and have put 2-3 hours on it. Noticed gas in the oil so I changed out the fuel pump. That didn't cure it. I haven't pulled the fuel solenoid to see if it was sticking yet. The only other possibility that I can think of is the carb.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: The expert is ready to answer your small engine question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, other than have read that the original carb design supposedly had some design issues.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Even if the fuel solenoid is sticking it would not cause fuel to get into the oil or crankcase.

This would be a float valve issue, the float valve is sticking or not sealing properly which is causing the carburetor to overflow and excess fuel enter the oil or crankcase. You can try cleaning and rebuilding your carburetor rather than replacing it.