Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My club cadet lawn mower will not move replaced drive belt.

Customer Question

my club cadet lawn mower will not move replaced drive belt . also checked lever from transmission which locks wheels when shipped .mower is about 4 years old
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Model number of the Cub Cadet? Does it have only one drive belt? Is the top pulley on the transmission spinning when engine is running?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
dont have with me .it stopped moving ,belt was off and plastic fan top of transmission was broken
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not at home near machine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

So you replaced belt and fan. And You routed the belt per the instructions? Did you have either rear wheel off the mower, that may have lost axle key, if it has one.??

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no did not touch wheels could transmission be low on fluid have not seen any puddles .i am wondering if the transmission locked up and belt came off.the plastic fan and shaft intob transmission turn freely by hand
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 17 days ago.

Will mower roll in freewheel ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it will thank you
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

I suspect the belt is not tight to the transmission. The usual progression is the fan breaks and throws off the belt, It will not be the oil level!