JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Morning I have a 17k generac generator. I am presently

Customer Question

I have a 17k generac generator. I am presently living in Miami so if you are not aware we are about to experience a class 4 hurricane.
My question is when power goes off and the generator goes on, how long should it run for. Do i need to temporarily stop it to cool down.
Do you have any other suggestions.
Im expecting about 3-5 days without power
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 20 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 20 days ago.

You do not need to shut it down, unless you re wanting to. I have run a much smaller one for over 1wk straight during hurricane Andrew and no issues. As long as you do not overload it, you will be fine. Stay safe down there..

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL