JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Guardian has no battery right now so I jumped it with

Customer Question

guardian has no battery right now so I jumped it with jumpercables. it ran a few seconds and then shut down with the overspeed light flashing. I did this several times, same thing. What tis the next move?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 hour
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I will get a battery tomorrow
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
This can be caused by several different issues being as you have no battery in it that could be one of them second one would be does your machine have an oil sensor if so check the oil in the machine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oil is low. What oil should I use?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
You can use 10W30 or just any 30 weight oil
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Added oil, it ran for seven minutes and then shut itself off, overspeed. I tried again then shuts off overspeed after 10 seconds and I did this 3 times
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are we still talking?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Has my session ended?
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Does this have an oil sensor? If so, disconnect the wire on it and try to start and run it again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A sensor is directly behind the oil filter and it has 2 wires. I pulled them off and it ran for only 2 seconds
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
Try putting them together. If that doesn't work, try only disconnecting one wire.
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.
I am not sure how your machine is wired so may need to try a few other things. Oil level still good,?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oil is good. Which one is the oil sensor? In the picture I sent you, the sensor above the oil filter I removed one wire and it ran for one second, stopped and tried to restart before it finished shutting down, grinding the starter . The sensor behind the oil filter to the right and below, I connected the two wires together and it caused the high temp light to come on. If I disconnect 1 wire it runs1 second and shuts down with the overspeed light
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

Where do the wires from the one in the background lead to? The front one doesn't look like an oil sensor, but some type of solenoid switch or temp sensor

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two blue wires go into a wiring harness which runs underneath and to the back of the motor and up to a multi pin connector going into the control box
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

okay, so the one in the rear there is the oil sensor. Front one is temp sensor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both sensors have blue wires going into the same harness and ending up at the same Multi pin connector
Expert:  JON replied 2 months ago.

those wires go into a plug? try disconnecting all 4 of the wires if not and see what happens. Normally you can just unplug harness or unplug all the wires and it will work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a guardian 44563 with engine model GT 990. If I unplug the harness it will not crank, if I unplug the front top sensor in the picture it will not crank. If I unplug the back sensor it runs for one second and the over speed light comes on. So far bypassing the two sensors right near the oil filter has not worked to keep it running
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correction please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correction, it will not crank with Multi wire harness disconnected. It will crank with either of the two sensors near the oil filter disconnected (or both) but only for one second
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

The issue could be that there is no battery on machine also. Do you have a battery now in the machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is connected with jumper cables to my vehicle. It cranks over just fine but won't stay running
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

You could possibly have a controlled issue. I will see if I can find another expert that can possibly assist you as I want you to get this going ASAP today

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Jon, I'll wait to hear from you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Been waiting 2 hours, are you there?