JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Rick are you there? Can I ask you a tech question, Just

Customer Question

Rick are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Small Engine Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Can I ask you a tech question
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today we are facing a cat 4 hurricane in the next 6 hrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Generator runs for 2 seconds and stalls
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Power boss 5600
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's 5 years old it appears to lose spark
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 17 days ago.
If the engine will start and run briefly you have a carburetor issue you will need to pull the carburetor off and clean out the main jet. It sounds like the main jet is clogged which controls the fuel being pulled into the cylinder without this being cleaned the carburetor will not pull its own fuel to run properly. It is best to clean the carburetor with carburetor and choke cleaner
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I agree however when I bypass the fuel and spray starting spray directly into the cylinder the result is the same which is why I thought it was a spark issue,
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Which is why I was thinking it was the on off switch, the low oil sensor or some other signal to the coil being interuptted
Expert:  JON replied 17 days ago.
If your machine is equipped with a low oil sensor it can be the issue. Normally there with a low oil sensor it will not run at all. When you spray the carburetor it will only use as much fuel as you sprayed into it and then die out. Have you tried to continuously spray it and keep it running
Expert:  JON replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL