JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My Generac 7550 starts and runs for a few seconds ( 10-15 or

Customer Question

My Generac 7550 starts and runs for a few seconds ( 10-15 or so), then dies. I have checked the fuel flow to the carburetor and that was ok. I disassembled the carb and
cleaned it with carb cleaner. No change in symptom's. I put a small AC load on the generator and again no change. Really need HELP as I am about to meet Matthew tomorrow at 10:00 Am!
James Barrett
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 20 days ago.
Hello my name is***** will try to help you as quickly as possible. If it starts and runs briefly it is normally a carb issue. I would also check the oil level to make sure that it is full. I know you said that you have clean the carburetor and disassembled it how was the center jet. If it will not stay running that is a sign that the jet is clogged as it is not pulling its own fuel to operate correctly I would disassemble the carburetor again and use a small wire to run to the jet in the center to make sure that it is free of all debris
Expert:  JON replied 20 days ago.
me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL