JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 340 (sn 924241) with a broken coupling shaft on one

Customer Question

I have a Hustler 340 (sn 924241) with a broken coupling shaft on one of the wheel motors (shaft pn 706291). I found it on line several places but it is no longer available. What to do???
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It broke 2 weeks ago and I have been trying to find the part ever since.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The "Torqmotor" is apparently made by Parker but the name plate on the motor itself is not legible. I got the part # from the Hustler 340 manual parts list.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hustler shows to have the part! I went as far as i could, without actually ordering the part! See link below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I contacted this supplier and got the following response."Unfortunately part 706291 and 708859 are not in stock and neither active at Hustler.
We are sorry we can't help you at this time."This has been my problem no matter where I look. Many dealers list the part as available but in fact it is not!
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, let me opt out and see if there is anyone else that may have some old stock.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you don't mind giving me a little while to do some investigating on this I will see if I can find this part for you or something that will work for you.

I have a contact at Hustler factory in the parts and technical service department that I will check with but it may be sometime tomorrow before I can get a response back from him. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Can you provide the actual six digit model number of the machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model # is 924241
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To date I have received no beneficial information concerning the original question.
Is this a closed issue?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

I have been working to find any information that I could for you however based on the information provided by Hustler this part is no longer available from them unless you can find a dealer that still has one in inventory. I have done some checking on the internet and found at least on place that shows that they have it and I was able to add it to a shopping cart.

https://pts5sgh2.endeavorsecure.com/cart.htm

I hope that this information is helpful.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.