JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have a Generac Ultra Source 15K portable generator and

Customer Question

I have a Generac Ultra Source 15K portable generator and haven't started since I bought it 8 years ago. I have replaced with new battery and drained fuel and replaced but the generator won't kick-over. I guess I need to get some "Gumout" to the carburetor to get it to start? How do I get to the carb to do this? can i just spray the Gumout into where the fuel line enters the engine? Suggestions?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 21 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 21 days ago.

Try to spray the carb with cleaner or starting fluid.

If you can spray fuel into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal. VERY COMMON ISSUE

Expert:  JON replied 21 days ago.

Carb should be located right behind the air filter and air filter cover. Will need to remove these to access the carb