timoto
timoto, Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience, Honda silver level tech., Honda power equipment tech
8313095

I have an EM7000is inverter Honda generator that starts for

Customer Question

I have an EM7000is inverter Honda generator that starts for a couple of seconds, but will not continue to run. I have drained the old gas and replaced with new along with a new spark plug. It has been sitting, and is probably the carburetor clogging from the ethanol. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  timoto replied 2 months ago.

If it ran ok before it sat then it is almost certainly a problem with old fuel varnish buildup clogging the jets and fuel passages in the carb. There is no cleaner that you can add to the fuel to remove the varnish. The carb will need to be disassembled, all components soaked in a commercial grade of carburetor cleaner, rinsed, blow dried, all passages and jets checked for restriction, reassembled with new O rings and load tested to confirm the operation of the unit.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always add a reply back to this question if you need more help with this problem.

Expert:  timoto replied 1 month ago.

I noticed you did not leave a rating for my answer. Please do so when ever possible so that I can get credit for assisting you. If you need more help with this problem just add a reply.