Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a eu3000i handi Honda generator / invertor. fuel

Customer Question

I have a eu3000i handi Honda generator / invertor. fuel leaking from carburetor drain line. screw is tight. only drains out when in on position. unit won't start. Rob
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel in tank but appears to be draining out via carborator drain line.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  timoto replied 4 months ago.

Here is a link to a parts diagram reference:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Generator/0/EU3000IK1%20A/CARBURETOR/parts.html

There are two hoses that come off of the carb. The drain hose is #23 and attaches to the bottom of the carb float bowl. The vent hose is #24 and is higher up on the main body of the carb. Can you inspect the hoses and be certain that it is the drain hose that is leaking fuel?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All fuel from tank and fuel from carb came out same drain tube. Tank drained when screw was tight and in ON position.
Expert:  timoto replied 4 months ago.

I attempted to respond to your request for a live phone call but Just Answer says your payment failed. I am on my lunch hour now and about to return to work. I can continue with this online this evening if you like.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yeah my cc thought were strange transaction but I told them to approve. Yes let's continue later. Thx.
Expert:  timoto replied 4 months ago.

If it is coming from the drain tube even when the screw is tight then there must be a problem with the sealing of the drain screw. It has a tapered end that fits into a corresponding taper in the bottom of the float bowl. You can remove the drain screw and inspect the taper and threads for any sign of damage. If good the next step would be to remove the float bowl and inspect it for corrosion, dirt or a crack in the area of the drain screw. Let me know what you find.